The SLLP is a non-degree executive leadership program designed for the laboratory’s best emerging leaders. SLLP offers a unique environment which enables high-potential employees to build leadership skills, network, gain cross-functional knowledge and, ultimately, prepare for more senior leadership roles. Both programmatic and operational staff members are eligible to participate.
SLLP is sponsored by UChicago Argonne, LLC. It was developed by the Chicago Booth School of Business and is open to staff of Argonne and Fermilab.
Chicago Booth Faculty will conduct three classroom sessions at the University of Chicago Gleacher Center in downtown Chicago.
The confirmed dates for 2020 are:
Module 1 – July 13-16
Module 2 – August 31-September 1
Module 3 – November 17-18
Topics for 2020 coming soon. Previous program topics included:
- Developing Talented Leaders: Creating Self-Awareness and Motivating Others
- Fostering Innovative Thinking and Industry Disruption
- Action Skills: Negotiations and Decision-Making
- Interpersonal Dynamics
- Strategy and Business Models in a Research Context
- Developing and Commercializing Enabling Technologies
- Organizational Change: Changing Minds, Managing Dilemmas, Systems Thinking
- Leading Change and Innovation
Participants also will be assigned a team project to be completed between sessions. Additionally, attendees may attend one of Chicago Booth’s Executive Education open enrollment courses. SLLP alumni will be expected and encouraged to contribute to special projects that support the Laboratory’s mission and strategic initiatives.
For questions about the program, contact the Leadership Institute at ext. 2-6034.